Holistic healing modalities use a combination of complementary and alternative systems of medicine and healing. These may sound vastly different from therapies we are accustomed to, but are very effective in healing the mind, body and soul, for a healthier and happier life. Holistic healing empowers you to take responsibility for your well-being and to take charge of your life.
Seven Modalities that can help you change your life:
1. Reiki: It is a Japanese technique that believes that the universal life (Rei) force (Ki) can be transmitted from a reiki master to you, to cure you. It works with the help of touch. If there are imbalances in your body, mind and spirit, reiki masters can clear blockages caused by such imbalances, by transmitting energy to the affected area. Reiki can be used for pain alleviation as well. It accelerates healing of bones and relaxes muscles. It is widely used to cure a variety of ailments such as anxiety, depression, heart disease, infertility and even cancer. It can also be used for general wellbeing. A session from a good Reiki Healer can be very rejuvenating.
2. Feng shui: It is a Chinese technique that believes that the Universal Energy or chi can be redirected to your living or working space, to create a positive environment for you. This invisible Universal Energy that connects you to Earth and the Universe, can be used to create harmony between you and your environment. Feng shui literally means wind and water, which are two of Earth’s elements that can flow. Feng Shui is easy to apply, as it doesn’t require structural changes, in most cases, and can be applied by rearranging furniture, using appropriate colours and suitable material, etc. It also uses mirrors and water features to release heavy energy from your space to make the energy light. Water elements and crystals are often used to modulate energy and bring positive energy of sunlight into your home. Good Feng Shui Experts can make all the difference in creating positivity in the environment around you to calm you and aid in living your highest and best life.
3. Bach flower remedy: The positive healing power of Nature is not unknown to us. Plants and aromas of flowers have a healing effect on your mind, body and soul. It has been observed that scents can evoke changes in your state of mind. Seeing or touching particular flowers, can alleviate bad mood. Dr Edward Bach, a homeopathy practitioner and bacteriologist, claimed that there was a pattern of energy associated with flowers. This energy pattern is captured by dew drops resting on flowers, through morning sunlight passing through them. In this way, the healing power of flowers is transferred to those dew drops. He started collecting these dew drops and preserving them in brandy. He then used this liquid for healing people. Bach Flower remedies are a gentle, yet effective way of healing imbalances in your emotional plane. They work on your mind and emotions, and since your mind, body and soul are interconnected, a good Bach Flower Therapist can affect a balanced overall change in your health and wellness.
4. Pranic healing: Pranic healing believes that you have the innate power to heal yourself. There is a life force within you called “prana”, which is used to activate your body’s inborn ability to heal itself. It involves no physical touch. It was founded and promoted by Chinese Grandmaster Choa Kok Soi. Everything in this Universe is made up of energy, including your thoughts and emotions. A Pranic healer helps you recognise these energy patterns and heal yourself. Universal law says that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; it only transforms itself. Practising Pranic healing, gives you the ability to transform negative energy to positive energy. Professional Pranic Healers can access and transmit universal energy to you, by accessing specific frequencies, to heal specific ailments.
5. Numerology: Numerology is an ancient science and has been around for thousands of years. Its earliest known records are from ancient Egypt and Babylon. It is the study of numbers and their relationship to phenomena around them. Pythagoras, an ancient Greek Philosopher and founder of Pythagoreanism, is believed to be the founder of Modern Numerology. He believed that numbers have some kind of connection with everything that goes on in the universe and felt that all scientific phenomenon can be explained in numerological terms too. According to present day numerologists, numbers possess mystical properties which come from their inherent vibration that gives them certain characteristics. These characteristics in turn, can be used to predict your behaviour, your lucky numbers, lucky dates, compatibility with a partner etc. Your birth date and numbers attached to letters in your name are calculated to predict your life path, your personality, your soul urge, your expression, etc. While all these are easy to calculate, it is the correlation and interpretation of these numbers that warrants the help of expert Numerologists.
6. Theta healing: It is a modality that uses meditation for healing. The practitioner spends time with you, to listen to your issues and uses meditation to unearth limiting belief patterns in your conscious and subconscious mind. Positive energies are then channeled into you by the Practitioner, to free you of negative thought patterns, even genetically inherited patterns, to attain mental, emotional and spiritual equilibrium. In the process, an experienced Theta Healer aids in instilling positive thought patterns, clearing your energies and aligning your mind, body and soul, to help you live your highest and best life. In practising this therapy, you become conscious of your inner self and your inner capabilities. You can also become your own healer by attending a Theta Healing Workshop that trains you to practice the modality on yourself or others, if you so desire.
7.Diet & Nutrition Therapy: Many ailments in your body are the result of an incorrect diet and lack of Nutrition. Diet and nutrition therapies use therapeutic effects of foods to improve your health. Nutritional value of foods, their effect on your body, your constitution, lifestyle and medical history are taken into account by Diet & Nutrition Therapists, to make a personalised diet plan for you. Your nutrition has a direct correlation with disease, it can, therefore, be used to either reverse or prevent disease. The complex relationship between your body type, whole and natural foods and digestive processes related to times of day is used effectively by a good Diet & Nutrition Therapist to generate a vibrant state of health for you, both mental and physical. A number of illnesses, like Eczema, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Depression, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Autoimmune illnesses, Diabetes are now being linked to your gut health. Plant based food, raw vegetables and fruits, sprouted legumes, nuts and seeds are fundamental in maintaining good gut health and help in seeking relief from certain illnesses, including mental health issues. Consult an experienced Diet & Nutrition Therapist to prepare a personalised plan for you to keep you disease-free and mentally fit.